Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sheltered By Gods Loving Arms. . .


People who live on a farm, or simply raise backyard chickens like us, know that danger is always lurking.  When a threat does actually strike, a mother hen spreads her wings and covers her little chicks with her feathers. Then she pulls her chicks in close - right underneath her wings where she hides them from danger and protects them until it has passed.

I love this psalm because it reminds me that God is my Shelter in stormy times. I can rest beneath His wings until the storm has passed knowing that He is close and unwavering.  He is with me through every moment of every trial.  It assures me that when we go through trials, not if, but when we go through them, those who know the Lord, not those who just know "of" Him, but those who have a personal relationship with Him, will receive His comfort.  Even in the worst of circumstances, God will use every situation for my good. . .

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. 



2 comments:

  1. I really like how your class timings of your blog. I enjoyed reading your blog and it is both instructional and interesting.Thanks!
    whitetail pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I checked out your outfitter site. My husband is a huge hunter, and my sister live is TX. I'm hoping he'd be interested in booking a trip with you while I visit with my sis!

      Delete

Blogger Gadgets