Friday, February 15, 2013

Adorable Valentine Chickens!!

Tara and Madeline both have friends who either are chicken owners, or just plain love chickens.  For these "special" friends, Tara and Madeline made these Valentines...

Are these not just the CUTEST things?

Just look at all of those hearts!  Heart shaped crown, waddle, wings and of course the adorable 2 sided heart velum paper for the bodies.   The beak is simply a little paper cone.  For the crown, I made a slit with an exacto knife so the girls could slip the heart down in and then secure it with a bead of glue along each side on the underside.  Simple and cute!!  I "gently" secured it like this so things could dry, and added the google eyes last.

And here's a picture of the girles.  They have grown a lot in this past year, and continue to keep their sweet innocence!  Here's Tara:


And here's my baby Madeline after almost a year of no blogging!


 I must admit, I was sad to see the flock go this morning when the girlies took them to school (Madeline's Valentine party is celebrated today).  Tara, now that she's in middle school (Ughh!!  Did I just say Tara is in middle school?  I'm still not used to it.), anyway, she doesn't get to celebrate Valentines Day, but she made the cards for her special friends just the same.  Madeline used the typical store bought Valentine's for the rest of her class.

4 comments:

  1. The girls have grown SO much; they are beautiful. LOVE the darling chick Valentines. They are precious. Have to remember them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby! My girls loved them so much, that we are going to work on making a bunch more and then we'll save them for next year. :)

      Delete
  2. I have so loved following your blog ... how lovely are the little chookies and how beautiful are your girls...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you so much Mandi. You made my day!

      Delete

Blogger Gadgets